PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
A cookie is a piece of data stored by a website within a web browser allowing information to pass between your computer and a website server. This allows our website to remember what products you have in your shopping cart, tailor content to suit your browsing experience, and help us learn how you like to browse our website so that we can make improvements. Cookies is a tool to allow a mechanism for websites to remember things based on browsing history such as logging in or which pages have previously been visited.
- Registering type of products you have in your shopping cart.
- Registering whether you are logged in or not.
- Monitoring website traffic.
The Golden Dram website collects non-personal data to monitor traffic flow including but is not limited to:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- How you stumbled on our website including any search terms.
- The domain name you are using for example .co.uk or .com.
- Kind of web browser used to view our website.
- Footfall on popular pages visited on the website.
Deleting cookies depends on your web browser, normally found within the tools function. Modern website browsers provide the option to disable cookies. You can find the instructions for doing this in the browser's Help menu function. Refusing cookies on your web browser will mean you cannot complete a purchase at The Golden Dram.
- Any personal information data we collect and use is in accordance with data protection laws. From May 2018, you will have a right to object to our use of your personal information, including a right to opt out of any communication with you.
- Consent: We only collect and process your personal information if you have consented for us to do so, for example when you order from our website.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your personal information where we have legitimate reasons to do so including communicating with you via email about new products where you have agreed to do so. We may use your personal information to undertake demographic profiling to help us better understand the products you are interested in.
- We may share your personal information as follows which includes but is not limited to :
- Companies who help us to send email marketing campaigns and with a company that requests reviews on our behalf, about your customer experience.
- As a client, we will store your data on our accounts system for the purpose of invoicing.
- Our Lawyer in the event of a legal claim
- Search Engines help us to understand how people are using our website
- IT Providers in the case of a technical support issue relating directly to an issue you are having.
- If we were ever to sell or transfer our business, we may pass your information to a 3rd party to be used on the same basis we have used it.
Any of your personal information, including contact details, will not be sold to third parties or used for the purposes of unsolicited communications.